|OIL FILTER CHANGE:
After draining engine oil and before refilling with new oil, the oil filter should be changed.
1. Unscrew old filter. If it will not loosen, use a special oil filter removal tool.
2. Take care to catch any escaping oil so that it will not accumulate in the engine compartment.
3. When installing new filter, moisten the rubber seal with oil, screw new oil filter onto the threaded shaft and tighten it. Hand pressure is sufficient to tighten the filter.
4. Refill the crankcase with the correct grade and amount of oil as indicated by the full mark on dipstick.
5. Start the engine according to the starting procedure in this manual. Run only long enough to check for any oil leaks and stop engine.
6. The oil level will have dropped by the amount of oil which enters the oil filter and by the amount which has distributed around the engine.
7. After engine has stopped and the oil level allowed to settle, recheck the oil level and fill as required.
UNIVERSAL RECOMMENDS THAT YOU USE FACTORY REPLACEMENT FILTERS
ONLY. THE USE OF OTHERS MAY VOID THE ENGINE WARRANTY.