|MARINE ENGINE WARRANTY - LIMITED
Seller warrants all products and parts of its own manufacture against defects in material or workmanship for a period of one (1) year from date of shipment when given normal and proper usage as determined by seller upon examinations, and when owned by the original purchaser. Components purchased by seller as complete units and used as an integral part of sellers equipment will be covered by the standard warranty of the manufacture thereof. Seller will repair or replace F.O.B. original shipping point (but not install) any part or parts of its manufacture which in its judgment, shall disclose defects in either material or workmanship. If requested by seller, parts for which a warranty claim is made are to be returned transportation prepaid to our factory. This warranty becomes void if article claimed to be defective has been repaired or altered in any way or when the article has been subject to misuse, negligence or accident, or when instructions for installing or operating have been disregarded. WE MAKE NO OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND MAKE NO WARRANTY OR MERCHANTABILITY OR OF FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION ON THE FACE HEREOF. NO EMPLOYEE OR REPRESENTATIVE IS AUTHORIZED TO CHANGE THIS WARRANTY IN ANY WAY OR GRANT ANY OThER WARRANTY. THE REMEDIES HEREIN ABOVE AFFORDED TO THE PURCHASER ARE EXCLUSIVE OF ALL OTHER REMEDIES PROVIDED BY LAW. SELLER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHERE THE LOSS SUSTAINED IS OF A COMMERCIAL NATURE.
The Manufacturer reserves the right to make product improvements at any time without responsibility or obligation to make similar changes or add similar improvements on engines delivered prior to those changes.
Enclosed with each engine is a warranty registration card. This card must contain the owner's name, address, serial number and model number of the engine and be returned to Medalist before the warranty becomes effective. Warranty registration will assist in identifying components required for your engine.
The following services or expenses will not be reimbursed under the warranty:
1. Tune up of the engine.
2. Repairs as a result of neglect, misuse, improper application, accident, racing of the engine and installations that do not meet minimum standards as set forth in the instruction manual.
3. Adjustments needed for cleaning of fuel system and components due to contamination.
4. Standard reverse gear adjustments from normal usage or wear.
5. Moisture in engine from exhaust systems which permit condensation or back flow of moisture into the engine.
6. Damage or loss of personal property, loss of revenue, towing charges, storage fees, fuel and telephone calls.
7. Damages or losses related to handling and shipping.
8. Expenses related to replacement of lubricants, anti-freeze or special additives.
9. Failure due to not following recommended maintenance schedules.
10. All transportation charges will be the obligation of the owner, such as freight, travel, time and tolls.
11. Warranty items returned to the factory collect will be billed to the shipper.
All repairs and/or claims must be approved by Medalist Universal Motors prior to performance of work.
RETURN OF MATERIAL TO THE FACTORY
All material to be returned must be authorized in advance by Medalist Universal Motors. Contact the service department for assignment of a return goods number. Ship material on a prepaid basis, after receiving the return goods form.
ENGINE WARRANTY REGISTRATION CARD MUST BE RETURNED TO MEDALIST UNIVERSAL MOTORS IMMEDIATELY.
Medalist Universal distributors and dealers are located throughout the United States and Canada. Distributors and dealers have an ample inventory of parts and can provide prompt, expert service in the maintenance and repair of your engine.
Medalist Universal Service Department will also provide assistance, within the limits of our specifications.
Welcome to the Universal Diesel powered sailing fleet.
For more information about this page contact
firstname.lastname@example.org This page and the associated Westerbeke® Marine Diesel Engine
Pages, Marine DieselDirect and TOAD Marine SupplySailing Pages are independent dealer pages provided by TOAD Marine Supply as a service
to Great Lake Sailors.